Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, neomycin sulfate 3.5mg, hydrocortisone 10mg; per mL; otic susp.
Indications for PEDIOTIC:
Susceptible infections of external auditory canal, mastoidectomy and fenestration cavities.
Clean ear. 4 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days. May use saturated cotton wick.
Clean ear. 3 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days.
Otic fungal, tubercular, or viral infections.
Discontinue if sensitization or irritation occur. Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local reactions (eg, dermatitis), superinfection, ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity.
Susp—7.5mL (w. dropper)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Undifferentiated Headaches Common in Children, Adolescents
- Smoking Associated With Increased Relapse Rate in Interferon Beta-Treated Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Frontotemporal Dementia, Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration Symptoms More Common Later in Life
- No Reduction in Cerebral Perfusion With Intensive Blood Pressure Lowering
- Successful Delirium Prevention in Critically Ill With Dexmedetomidine