PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bismuth subsalicylate 262mg/15mL; susp; sugar-free; original- or cherry-flavor.
Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals
Indications for PEPTO-BISMOL LIQUID:
Take caplets with water; do not chew. 2 tabs or caplets or 30mL every 30–60 minutes if needed; max 8 doses/day.
Varicella or influenza in children and teenagers.
Coagulation disorders. Diabetes. Reye's syndrome. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Antagonizes uricosurics. Salicylism with aspirin. Reduces tetracycline absorption.
Darkened tongue and/or stool.
Chew tabs—12, 30, 48; To-Go chew tabs—12, 24; InstaCool (peppermint flavor) chew tabs—30; Caplets—24, 40; Liq—4oz, 8oz, 12oz, pt; Max Str—4oz, 8oz, 12oz
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies