Generic Name and Formulations:
Docusate sodium 50mg, standardized senna (as sennosides 8.6mg); tabs.
Purdue Products L.P.
Indications for PERI-COLACE:
2–4 tablets daily.
<2yrs: individualize. 2–5yrs: up to 1 tablet daily. 6–11yrs: 1–2 tablets daily.
Discontinue if rectal bleeding or no bowel movement occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Stool softener + stimulant.
Docusate may increase systemic absorption of mineral oil.
Tabs—10, 30, 60
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- Few With Acute Migraine Take Triptans, Many Discontinue the Drug
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Significant Variations in Epilepsy Surgical Strategy, Deficit Reporting Exist
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Magnesium Has No Effect on Cognitive Outcomes Following Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Combo Physical, Mental Activity Prevents Cognitive Decline
- Medicaid Expansion Linked to Gains in Insurance Coverage
- Folic Acid Supplementation May Protect Against Language Delay in AED-Exposed Children