Childhood cancer survivors frequently have clinical abnormalities attributable to peripheral neuropathy.
The type of sciatic nerve lesions observed in patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy was found to differ in type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Chronic pain symptoms in patients with PDPN are effectively reduced with spinal cord stimulation.
The mechanism for chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy may have been uncovered.
Chemotherapy-associated chronic pain and neuropathy have substantial impacts on patients' lives.
The patch used in the study is approved in the United States for postherpetic neuralgia and in Europe for PNP arising from any etiology.
Diabetes, waist circumference, and prediabetes were the main metabolic factors associated with neuropathy.
The small study documented several cases of denervation and increased thermal thresholds in patients treated with LCIG.
The designation has been granted to potentially treat neuropathic pain associated with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
Many patients withdrew from the study due to uncontrolled nausea and/or vomiting.
The criteria will also prevent unnecessary testing in ODS- patients.
Patients who underwent gastric bypass surgery saw improved nerve fiber density 12 months following surgery.
The severity of peripheral neuropathy is associated with lower vitamin D levels in patients with multiple myeloma.
New research suggests that fibromyalgia is primarily a peripheral nerve disorder that causes central nervous system sensitization.
Four genetic variants of SCN9A were found to be significantly associated with neuropathic pain in DPN.
As many as 50% of neurotoxic chemotherapy patients experience CPN.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Gender and Multiple Sclerosis: How It Influences Prognosis and Future Treatment
- Drug Prices Increase More Than Expected After Shortages
- Potentially Inappropriate Opioid Prescribing Tied to Overdose
- Loss of Function Variants in LRKK1 and LRKK2 Not Linked to Parkinson Disease
- Scribes Improve Physician Workflow, Patient Interaction