Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Phenazopyridine HCl 100mg, 200mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Phenazopyridine HCl Tablets:
Urinary tract discomfort.
200mg 3 times a day after meals; max 2 day therapy when used with antibacterials.
Yellow discoloration of skin or sclera may indicate poor renal excretion. Stains contact lenses. Liver disease. Anemia. Discolors urine and fabric (red-orange). Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Urinary tract analgesic.
Interferes with colorimetric urine tests.
Headache, rash, GI upset, methemoglobinemia, hemolytic anemia, renal and hepatic toxicity.
Formerly known under the brand name Pyridium.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Serious Adverse Events Profile for Cladribine Confirmed With Extended Data
- Unintended Pregnancy Common in Women With Epilepsy
- Aggressive Blood Pressure Lowering in Intracerebral Hemorrhage May Be Harmful
- Risk of Opioid-Benzodiazepine Overlap Up for Dual Prescribing
- Minority Residents Experience Burdens Linked to Race/Ethnicity
- Tips Provided for Budgeting in Medical Residency