Generic Name and Formulations:
BK4/2.5 (Ca2+ 2.5mEq/L, HCO3- 32mEq/L, K+ 4mEq/L, Mg2+ 1.5mEq/L, Na+ 140mEq/L, HPO42- 1mmol/L, Cl- 114.5mEq/L); B22K4/0 (HCO3- 22mEq/L, K+ 4mEq/L, Mg2+ 1.5mEq/L, Na+ 140mEq/L, HPO42- 1mmol/L, Cl- 122mEq/L); soln for IV inf after reconstitution.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for PHOXILLUM:
Replacement solution for patients on continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), to replace plasma volume removed by ultrafiltration and correct electrolyte and acid-base imbalances. To remove dialyzable toxins associated with drug poisoning treated by CRRT.
Adults and Children:
Administer only under the direction of a physician trained in intensive care treatment including CRRT: see full labeling. Individualize; determine mode of therapy, solute formulation, flow rates, and duration based on patient’s clinical condition and electrolyte, acid-base, and glucose balances. Administer into extracorporeal circuit before (pre-dilution) and/or after (post-dilution) the hemofilter or hemodiafilter.
Use aseptic technique. Monitor fluid, hemodynamic, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalances; correct as needed. Increased risk of metabolic acidosis. Monitor blood glucose levels; initiate or modify antidiabetic therapy as needed. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: monitor.
May antagonize dialyzable drugs: monitor. Concomitant citrate (as anticoagulant) may reduce plasma calcium; select appropriate Phoxillum formulation. May add drugs to bag via injection connector; administer non-phosphate drugs through different access line.
Fluid & electrolyte replacement.
Metabolic acidosis, hypotension, acid-base disorders, electrolyte and fluid imbalance.
2-compartment bag (5000mL)—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Women With Epilepsy More Likely to Have Major Depressive Disorder
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor Polyneuropathy
- Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes Associated With Cognitive Decline
- White Matter Hyperintensities in RCVS Vary Over Time
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- Levetiracetam Effective as Episodic Migraine Prophylactic