PILOPINE HS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pilocarpine HCl 4%; oph gel; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PILOPINE HS:
Apply ½ inch ribbon in lower conjunctival sac at bedtime.
Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Lacrimation, discomfort, headache, ciliary spasm, conjunctival vascular congestion, keratitis, myopia, corneal granularity, reduced nighttime visual acuity; retinal detachment, lens opacity (rare). Systemic cholinergic effects (excessive absorption).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd