Generic Name and Formulations:
Pyrantel (as pamoate) 50mg/mL; susp; caramel-flavor.
Indications for PIN-X:
Adults and Children:
Treat entire household. <2yrs (<11kg): not recommended. ≥2yrs (≥11kg): 11mg/kg (max 1g) once.
Hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy.
GI disturbances, headache, dizziness.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Predicting Seizure Risk Following Ischemic Stroke With SeLECT Score
- Surgical Outcomes Associated With Trigger Site Deactivation for Migraines
- Combined Exercise Training Increases BDNF in Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Exome-Targeted Capture Sequencing Can Diagnose Previously-Undetected Ataxia
- Strategies for Preventing and Treating Delirium
- High Total Cholesterol Neuroprotective Against Cognitive Decline