Issues that affect employees in all industries are compounded by a unique set of additional concerns that affect employees of medical practices.
Nearly two-thirds of insured adults with a previous health care visit did not use an online patient portal in 2017.
Medical science has made tremendous advances in personalized medicine.
Currently, same-day delivery is available only in Dallas, Chicago, New York City, Gainesville, Miami, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale; this program will be expanded in 2019.
By 2030, robots will likely replace 800 million workers. Will physicians make the cut?
When deviating from published guidelines, physicians must ensure their recommendations are based on justified belief, not personal bias.
By collecting data on suicides by medical students, residents, and fellows, the AMA hopes to identify ways to reduce suicides among doctors-in-training.
Rising drug spending in the United States is being fueled by expensive name-brand prescription medicines, a new study shows.
Older adults with untreated hearing loss have increased total health care costs and an increased risk for medical comorbidities.
In the first 6 months of 2018, 8.8% of US individuals of all ages were uninsured, which was not significantly different from 2017.
Data from patient- and family-reported error narratives indicate that problems related to patient-physician interactions are major contributors to diagnostic errors.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder