Clinician attire is an important factor for a significant number of patients, and can influence the perception of care they receive.
Data breaches affecting health care systems or their partners need to be addressed quickly.
Online physician reviews tend to be skewed positively.
There is considerable global variation in personal health care access and quality.
Stigmatizing language used in medical records to describe patients can influence medical students and residents in terms of their attitudes towards the patient and their clinical decision-making.
Best practices have been developed for using electronic health records to enhance patient-centered care.
Proposals to lower prescription drug prices have been announced by President Trump.
Communication with older patients can be complicated for several reasons.
Patients prefer physicians who engage in face-to-face clinic visits, rather than those using an examination room computer.
While overall gender diversity has improved in the healthcare profession, female physicians are still paid significantly less than their male counterparts.
Researchers explored potential sex-based differences in ranking at academic neurology programs.
Results showed that the average post-SI incidence rate of harmful events at JMH was 13% lower (estimate=-0.1368, RR-0.8721, P=0.0109) compared to the 2 pre-SI years on record.
There is considerable variation in the quality of free-text patient directions in electronic prescriptions.
Case study demonstrates effectiveness of collaborative care model for dementia care.
Institute of Safe Medication Practices indicates risks such as abbreviations and autocorrection.
While ICD-10-CM may be an improvement on an old process, big data is the revolution that has the potential to change health care forever.
Ninety-two percent of doctors state that PA process delays access to care; burden up over past five years.
No significant change in individual or overall annual antibiotic prescribing rates during study period.
Overpayments affect 23 percent of all prescriptionsand are more common with generic drugs.
The US has much higher health care spending rates than other high-income counties.
The three-pronged approach successfully improved physician engagement at one practice.
Medication adherence may be imrpoved by understanding nonadherence in patients and encouraging a change in attitude toward medication.
Uber has a new system that allows physician offices to book rides for patients up to 30 days in advance.
Artificial intelligence may be able to reduce physicians' burdens by saving them time and energy.
Malpractice liability reform would best be analyzed on a specialty-by-specialty basis.
Burnout rates and career satisfaction are both high among neurosurgery residents.
These are the 4 best practices to help prevent health care cyberattacks.
EHRs do not necessarily capture information needed, as interoperability is poor and analytics are often incomplete.
Most people do not believe that professionals including health care providers should be able to refuse service based on their beliefs.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology is trying to address some issues relating to physician EHR burden.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued