Generic Name and Formulations:
Dinoprostone 0.5mg/3g; endocervical gel.
Indications for PREPIDIL:
Ripening an unfavorable cervix in pregnant women at or near term.
See full labeling.
Where oxytocics or prolonged uterine contractions are inappropriate, including: history of cesarean section, major uterine surgery, presence of cephalopelvic disproportion, difficult labor, traumatic delivery, 6 or more previous term pregnancies, nonvertex presentation, hyperactive or hypertonic uterine patterns, fetal distress where delivery is not imminent. Ruptured membranes. Placenta previa or unexplained vaginal bleeding. When vaginal delivery is not indicated. Concomitant oxytocics.
For hospital use only when immediate intensive care and acute surgical facilities can be provided. Avoid contact with skin. Monitor uterine activity, fetal status, cervix. History of/or asthma. Glaucoma or increased intraocular pressure. If hypersensitivity reaction is suspected, remove Prepidil gel if possible. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Potentiates oxytocics. Oxytocin: a dosing interval of 6–12hrs is needed, if used following Prepidil administration.
Maternal: Uterine rupture, uterine contraction abnormality, GI upset, back pain, warm feeling in vagina, fever, premature rupture of membranes. Fetal: Heart rate abnormality, fetal depression, fetal acidosis. Amnionitis and intrauterine fetal sepsis associated with extra-intrauterine administration.
Prefilled-syringe applicator (w. catheters)—5
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Survival in Parkinson Disease Dependent on Parkinsonian Type, Characteristics
- Case Study Report: Herbal Supplement Kratom Associated With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Mobile Health Apps for Headache: An Ongoing Search for Clinical Relevancy
- Young Fresh Frozen Plasma Infusion Safe, Feasible in Alzheimer Disease
- CBD Superior to Placebo, Similar to AEDs for Managing Epilepsy Syndromes
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Hydrocephalus May Be a Complication of Congenial Zika Syndrome
- Higher CSF NfL Protein Levels Linked to Risk for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Addressing Cognitive Impairment in Pediatric MS: Expert Q&A
- How the Government Shutdown Affects FDA Activities