PREVACID 24HR OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Lansoprazole 15mg; e-c delayed-release granules in caps.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for PREVACID 24HR:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week). Not intended for immediate relief of heartburn (may take 1–4 days for full effect).
Swallow whole. Take before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: 15mg once daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Liver disease. Heartburn >3 months. Chest or shoulder pain. Frequent wheezing. Unexplained weight loss. Nausea/vomiting. Stomach pain. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Require >1 course of treatment every 4 months. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May affect or be affected by blood-thinning agents (eg, warfarin), antifungals, digoxin, theophylline, tacrolimus, mycophenolate mofetil, atazanavir, methotrexate.
Proton pump inhibitor.
Diarrhea, rash, joint pain; discontinue if occur.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics