Generic Name and Formulations:
Finasteride 1mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PROPECIA:
Treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) in men only.
1mg once daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Women. Children. Women of childbearing potential must not handle crushed or broken tablets. Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Increased risk of high-grade prostate cancer. Hepatic dysfunction. Consider doubling PSA in men >41yrs of age without BPH who are undergoing PSA test.
Type II 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor.
Decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorder (all rare).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Undifferentiated Headaches Common in Children, Adolescents
- Smoking Associated With Increased Relapse Rate in Interferon Beta-Treated Relapsing-Remitting MS
- Frontotemporal Dementia, Frontotemporal Lobar Degeneration Symptoms More Common Later in Life
- No Reduction in Cerebral Perfusion With Intensive Blood Pressure Lowering
- Successful Delirium Prevention in Critically Ill With Dexmedetomidine