Generic Name and Formulations:
Dornase alfa (recombinant human DNase) 1mg/mL; soln for inh; preservative-free.
Indications for PULMOZYME:
Management of cystic fibrosis in conjunction with standard therapies to improve pulmonary function.
Adults and Children:
<3months: not recommended. Use appropriate nebulizer. Do not dilute. >5yrs: 2.5mg once daily via nebulization; may increase to 2.5mg twice daily (see literature).
For patients <5yrs of age, use only if there is a potential for benefit in pulmonary function or in risk of respiratory tract infection. Use only with recommended nebulizers. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Do not mix with other drugs in nebulizer.
Pharyngitis, voice alteration, laryngitis, rash, chest pain, conjunctivitis.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis
- Early Onset of Efficacy After Erenumab Treatment in Chronic and Episodic Migraines