Generic Name and Formulations:
Collagenase 250units/g; oint.
Smith & Nephew, Inc.
Indications for SANTYL:
Chronic dermal ulcers and severely burned areas.
Apply once daily to cleansed wounds or sterile gauze pad.
Avoid detergents, antiseptics, or soaks with metal ions (eg, mercury, silver) or acidic solutions (pH<6). Debilitated.
Systemic bacterial infections, erythema.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Court Rules That U.S. Must Halt Sales of Pesticide Chlorpyrifos
- Both Abstinence and High Alcohol Use Linked to Dementia
- Therapeutic Plasma Exchange Effectively Improves Ambulation in Pediatric Transverse Myelitis
- TBI Linked to Increased Suicide Risk
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations