Nonoptimal infant neuromotor development was linked to genetic risk for schizophrenia, but not bipolar disorder.
Specific inflammatory biomarkers may have an impact on the risk of developing schizophrenia.
Poor adherence to antipsychotic treatment in schizophrenia may be attributable to socially negative representations of schizophrenia.
Patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and psychotic bipolar disorder were examined for anticholinergic burden.
NMDA receptor signaling is increased in patients with depression and reduced in those with schizophrenia.
Having schizophrenia and a length of stay of 90 days or more were the strongest predictors of polypharmacy.
The odd relationship may have more to do with the mental disorder than the drugs.
Researchers uncovered a link between elevated levels of C4A protein, excessive synaptic pruning, and the development of schizophrenia.
A mouse model of schizophrenia showed a significant decrease in inhibitory CA2 neurons.
The unique biotypes may allow for more targeted treatments to be developed.
Patients taking clozapine were less likely to need additional antipsychotic medications.
A 1 cm deficit in PCS length contributed to a 20% increased risk for hallucinations.
The most common side effect reported was akathisia.
The personalized approach to treatment could help prevent trial-and-error periods.
The FDA's approval was based on data from controlled trials in adults with manic or mixed episodes of bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia.
Second-generation antipsychotics appear to have a neuroprotective effect on the brain.
Automated speech analysis more accurately classified at-risk young people than clinical ratings.
A three-month course of daily omega-3 supplements prevented the progression to a psychotic disorder in the majority of participants.
The game is designed to improve episodic memory.
Identifying the abnormalities may help in the development of news treatments.
The FDA has granted Fast Track designation to encenicline for the treatment of cognitive impairment in schizophrenia.
Aerobic activity seems to be beneficial, but the results of the study need to be duplicated.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Early Clinical Traits of Multiple Sclerosis Prodrome Identified
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Attacks May Be Associated With Cortical Swelling
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Fremanezumab May Have Long-Term Efficacy as a Prophylactic for Chronic Migraine
- Propofol May Decrease Delay in Neurocognitive Recovery