SIMILAC PM 60/40 OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (whey protein concentrate, sodium caseinate), carbohydrate (lactose), fat (corn, coconut, soy oils), vitamins, minerals, iron 0.7mg/100Cal, taurine, L-carnitine. Whey:casein ratio is 60:40.
Indications for SIMILAC PM 60/40:
Feeding of infants with, or at risk of, hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia, or with renal impairment who would benefit from lowered mineral intake.
Prepared as directed provides 20Cal/oz.
Additional iron supplementation is needed. Calcium, phosphorus, sodium supplementation may be needed for very low birth weight infants (<1500g birth weight).
Low iron infant formula.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Traumatic Brain Injury Linked to Increased Parkinson Disease Risk in Veterans
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics