Generic Name and Formulations:
Mometasone furoate 1350mcg; per sinus implant.
Intersect ENT, Inc.
Indications for SINUVA:
Nasal polyps in patients ≥18yrs who have had ethmoid sinus surgery.
To be used by physicians trained in otolaryngology for placement in ethmoid sinus under endoscopic visualization. Insert 1 implant for 90 days. Implant can be removed at Day 90 or earlier based on physician's discretion. Do not reprocess or reuse.
<18yrs: not established.
Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Systemic infections. Ocular herpes simplex. Immunosuppression. If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Nasal ulcers or trauma: avoid. Monitor nasal mucosa for epistaxis, irritation, infection, perforation. Change in vision, history of increased intraocular pressure, glaucoma, and/or cataracts: monitor closely. Monitor post-operatively and during periods of stress for adrenal response. Consider implant removal if hypercorticism and adrenal suppression occurs. Hepatic impairment. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May be potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Bronchitis, nasopharyngitis, otitis media, headache, presyncope, asthma, epistaxis; hypersensitivity reactions, immunosuppression, HPA axis effects.
Kit—1 (implant + delivery system)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure