SIVEXTRO INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Tedizolid phosphate 200mg; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for SIVEXTRO INJECTION:
Susceptible acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
≥18yrs: Infuse 200mg once daily over 1 hour for 6 days. Switching from IV to oral: no dose adjustment necessary.
<18yrs: not established.
Not adequately evaluated in patients with neutropenia (ANC <1000 cells/mm3); consider alternate therapies. Risk of C. difficile-associated diarrhea; discontinue if suspected or confirmed. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Tabs: May potentiate oral BCRP substrates; consider interrupting co-administered substrates esp. those with narrow therapeutic index (eg, methotrexate, topotecan); monitor if coadministration (including rosuvastatin) is necessary.
Nausea, headache, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness.
Tabs—6 (blister pack), 30; single-use vials—10
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics