Generic Name and Formulations:
Tiludronate disodium 240mg (equivalent to tiludronate acid 200mg); tabs.
Indications for SKELID:
Treatment of Paget's disease of bone (osteitis deformans) in patients (1) who have a level of serum alkaline phosphatase at least twice the upper limit of normal, or (2) who are symptomatic, or (3) who are at risk for future complications of their disease.
Take with 6–8oz of plain water on an empty stomach. 400mg once daily for 3 months. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes.
Inability to stand or sit upright for at least 30 minutes.
Active upper GI disease; discontinue and reevaluate if signs/symptoms of esophageal reaction occur. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Ensure adequate Vit. D and calcium intake. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Calcium, aluminum, magnesium, other divalent cations reduce absorption (separate dosing by at least 2hrs). Caution with aspirin, NSAIDs, other GI irritants. Potentiated by indomethacin, separate dosing by 2hrs.
GI upset; musculoskeletal pain (may be severe), esophagitis; esophageal ulcer, stricture, or erosion, jaw osteonecrosis; rarely: gastric or duodenal ulcer.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies