A group of 53 patients were included in an analysis examining the association between hypothyroidism, obesity, and sleep-disordered breathing.
The patient presented with daytime sleepiness persisting since childhood even with 9 hours of sleep
Patients receiving buprenorphine maintenance therapy for their opioid use disorder may have impaired sleep, although they report improvements in both quality and duration of sleep.
Interventions to improve memory in schizophrenia might need to both increase spindle density as well as boost their coordination with NREM oscillations.
The US Food and Drug Administration requested that sodium oxybate be studied in pediatric patients.
Hematocrit levels and presence of erythrocytosis were associated with awake and nocturnal hypoxemia, according to the study.
Shorter sleep duration may increase mortality risks associated with both cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
The clinical impact of positive airway pressure in patients with pulmonary embolism is not well known.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Early Clinical Traits of Multiple Sclerosis Prodrome Identified
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Criteria for Early-Stage Parkinson Disease to Be Used in Clinical Trials
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies
- Familial Hemiplegic Migraine Attacks May Be Associated With Cortical Swelling
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- Fremanezumab May Have Long-Term Efficacy as a Prophylactic for Chronic Migraine
- Propofol May Decrease Delay in Neurocognitive Recovery