Efficacy in the pediatric population with narcolepsy was demonstrated in the Phase 2/3 EXPRESS study (N=106) which included patients aged 7 to 17 years with narcolepsy with cataplexy.
The Company stated that they plan to begin a Phase 2 trial of AXS-12 before the end of 2018, with results anticipated for the first half of 2019.
For individuals with obstructive sleep apnea, those with short respiratory event duration have an increased risk for mortality.
The investigators found a significant reduction in the mean preimplantation apnea-hypopnea index at 6 months after hypoglossal nerve stimulation.
SUNRISE 2 is an ongoing long-term efficacy and safety study (N=900) of adults (aged 18 to 88 years) with insomnia disorder who have difficulty falling and/or staying asleep.
Digital CBT is effective in improving functional health, psychological well-being, and sleep-related quality of life in people reporting insomnia.
For high school students, sleeping less than eight hours on an average school night is associated with increased odds of selected unsafe behaviors.
More than one-quarter of older adults newly prescribed benzodiazepine by an non-psychiatric clinician transition to long-term use.
Obstructive sleep apnea is associated with changes to the structure of the brain that are seen in the early stages of dementia.
Acute insomnia is common among good sleepers, and about three-quarters of those with AI recover good sleep.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder