Acute insomnia is common among good sleepers, and about three-quarters of those with AI recover good sleep.
Insomnia is common in older community-dwelling adults, but usually mild.
CPAP use for obstructive sleep apnea may be associated with improved sexual quality of life.
For this study, researchers identified 23 randomized controlled trials that included a total of 2806 adults with a primary diagnosis of insomnia to examine the relationship between antidepressant use and insomnia treatment.
Primary care management of obstructive sleep apnea is as effective and more cost-effective than in-laboratory diagnosis.
A team of investigators assessed the effect of intravenous administration of methylprednisolone on duration of episodes in adolescent and young adult patients with Kleine-Levin syndrome.
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) remains the mainstay of medical treatment for OSA.
Comorbid disorders of depression, anxiety, PTSD, and insomnia are all associated with nightmares.
Female OSA patients had multiple regions of reduced cortical thickness in superior frontal lobe.
New data for lemborexant, a drug being studied for the treatment of sleep disorders, has been announced.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Efficacy of Cladribine Tablets in Patients With Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Performance, Mood Deficits, White Matter Hyperintensities in Migraine
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- FDA to Review Sublingual Tx for Motor Fluctuations in Parkinson Disease
- Shortened MS Quality-of-Life Questionnaire Compares With Longer Test in Reliability and Consistency
- Polyphenol-Rich Diet May Reduce Dementia Risk in Older Adults
- Addressing Migraine That Mimics Stroke
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Medical Cannabis Shows Promise in Treating Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
- Rituximab Effectively Reduces Disease Activity in Multiple Sclerosis
- Characteristics, Treatment Response Similar in Idiopathic, 22q11.2 Deletion Syndrome-Associated Parkinson Disease
- Lifestyle, Behavioral Factors Contribute to Dementia Risk Assessment
- FDA Lifts Clinical Hold on Trial for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Treatment
- Fremanezumab Chronic Cluster Headache Study Discontinued