SLOW FE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iron 50mg (as sulfate 160mg); sust-rel tabs.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for SLOW FE:
Iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemias.
Swallow whole. 1–2 tabs daily; max 4 daily.
Swallow whole. <6 yrs: not recommended. ≥6 yrs: 1 tab daily.
Hepatitis. Pancreatitis. Peptic ulcer or GI inflammation. Achlorhydria. Monitor hematocrit. Folic acid may mask pernicious anemia. Repeated blood transfusions. Elderly.
Inhibits tetracycline absorption.
Nausea, abdominal discomfort and pain, constipation, diarrhea, masks occult bleeding, black stools.
Slow Fe—30, 60, 90; Plus folic acid—20
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics