Generic Name and Formulations:
Secnidazole 2g; per pkt; oral granules.
Symbiomix Therapeutics, LLC
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for SOLOSEC:
Do not dissolve in liquid. Sprinkle contents onto applesauce, yogurt or pudding; consume within 30mins without chewing or crunching; may follow with a glass of water. ≥18yrs: give single 2g packet once orally.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Avoid chronic use. Treat with antifungal if vulvo-vaginal candidiasis occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 96hrs after dose or, may pump and discard milk during this time period).
Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vulvo-vaginal pruritus.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Visual Association Test, MMSE Highly Predictive of Dementia in Older Adults
- Epilepsy's Mobility Problem: Advocating for Changes in Transportation Laws, Public Resources
- The Future of Freezing of Gait in Parkinson's: Exploring Potential Treatments and Preventive Strategies
- Women With Epilepsy More Likely to Have Major Depressive Disorder
- Some Common Allergies Linked to Odds of Autism in Children
- CAPPRI Scale is Feasible for Assessing Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Distal Sensorimotor Polyneuropathy
- Long-Term Type 1 Diabetes Associated With Cognitive Decline
- White Matter Hyperintensities in RCVS Vary Over Time
- Disrupted Thalamo-Striato-Hypothalamic Function May Serve as a Good Biomarker for Parkinson Disease
- Levetiracetam Effective as Episodic Migraine Prophylactic