Generic Name and Formulations:
Secnidazole 2g; per pkt; oral granules.
Symbiomix Therapeutics, LLC
Indications for SOLOSEC:
Do not dissolve in liquid. Sprinkle contents onto applesauce, yogurt or pudding; consume within 30mins without chewing or crunching; may follow with a glass of water. ≥18yrs: give single 2g packet once orally.
<18yrs: not established.
Hypersensitivity to other nitroimidazole derivatives.
Avoid chronic use. Treat with antifungal if vulvo-vaginal candidiasis occurs. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 96hrs after dose or, may pump and discard milk during this time period).
Vulvo-vaginal candidiasis, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vulvo-vaginal pruritus.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- New Diagnostic Criteria for Neurosarcoidosis: What You Need to Know
- Guideline for Diagnosis and Treatment of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Guidelines on the Use of OnabotulinumtoxinA for Chronic Migraine
- Ivy League Rule Change Linked to Fewer Concussions During NCAA Football Games
- Addressing Levodopa-Resistant Parkinson Disease
- High Daily Stress Linked to Migraine Prevalence in Women
- Researchers Identify Coffee Component That May Provide Neuroprotection
- Functional Imaging in Movement Disorders: Diagnostic Advantages
- Dextroamphetamine Plus Physical Therapy Nonsuperior to Placebo for Improving Post-Stroke Motor Recovery
- Nusinersen May Be Effective for Short-Term Motor Function Improvements in Spinal Muscular Atrophy