Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 25mg; tabs.
Indications for SOMINEX:
Short-term (≤ 2 weeks) treatment of insomnia.
50mg at bedtime.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals): not recommended. Additive effects with other other anticholinergics.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, paradoxical excitement.
Original (tabs)—16, 32, 72
Max Strength (caplets)—16
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Deep Brain Stimulation Improves Parkinson Disease in Older Adults
- Optimizing Treatment for Patients With Chronic Sciatica: Gabapentin vs Pregabalin
- Tiglutik Now Available for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Modifiable CV Risk Factors Within Healthy Range Indicative of CV Morphology, White Matter Lesions
- A New Look at Demyelination and White Matter Density in Multiple Sclerosis