Most Recent Articles by Steve Duffy
The news comes after FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, MD announced last week a plan to recall some furloughed workers to conduct inspections.
The Food and Drug Administration has granted 501(k) clearance to the Embrace watch for use in epilepsy patients aged ≥6 years. The smartwatch identifies generalized tonic-clonic seizures and alerts caregivers.
The FDA approval was supported by results from the DETECT clinical study which included 282 patients with suspected traumatic brain injury.
Alkermes has submitted a New Drug Application to the FDA for a novel oral fumarate in development to treat relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis.
More Articles by Steve Duffy
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Ocrelizumab Reduces Upper Extremity Disability Progression Risk in PPMS
- Cerebellar Stimulation May Help Improve Gait and Balance Recovery in Stroke
- Hydrocephalus May Be a Complication of Congenital Zika Syndrome
- Psychotherapy May Reduce Frequency of Nonepileptic Seizures
- Can Early Initiation of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Prevent Recurrent AFib-Related Stroke?
- Very Early Mobilization After Stroke Does Not Improve Survival Over Usual Care
- Alemtuzumab Linked to Clinical and MRI Disease Remission in Multiple Sclerosis
- Cognitive Decline Worsens With Memantine, ChEIs in Patients With Alzheimer's
- Cervical Dysfunction Needs Clarification to Identify Link With Headache
- Levodopa Inhalation Powder Approved for Parkinson Disease
- Repeated Botulinum Neurotoxin Type A Injections Increase Antibody Development
- Cortical Thinning in Specific Brain Regions May Be Associated With Migraine
- Daily Fruit/Vegetable Consumption May Prevent Poor Cognitive Function in Men
- Less Deep Sleep in Elderly Tied to Alzheimer Disease Markers
- Private Equity Acquisition of Physician Practices Discussed