Generic Name and Formulations:
Asfotase alfa 18mg/0.45mL, 28mg/0.7mL, 40mg/mL, 80mg/0.8mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for STRENSIQ:
Treatment of perinatal/infantile- and juvenile-onset hypophosphatasia.
See full labeling. Give by SC inj in the abdomen, thigh, or deltoid; rotate inj sites. 6mg/kg per week given as 2mg/kg 3 times weekly or 1mg/kg 6 times weekly. Perinatal/infantile-onset: if ineffective, may increase dose up to 9mg/kg per week given as 3mg/kg 3 times weekly. <40kg: do not use 80mg/0.8mL vial.
Do not administer to areas that are reddened, inflamed, or swollen. Discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reaction occurs; monitor for reoccurrence if decision to re-administer. Perform ophthalmic exams and renal ultrasounds at baseline and periodically during treatment; monitor for ectopic calcifications and changes in vision or renal function. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Tissue nonspecific alkaline phosphatase.
May cause erroneous results in lab assays that utilize alkaline phosphatase (ALP)-conjugated test system. Do not rely on serum ALP measurements for clinical decision making due to expected high levels.
Inj site reactions, lipodystrophy, ectopic calcifications, hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials—1, 12
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure