Even with thorough testing, declaring a patent foramen ovale as the most likely culprit responsible for a cryptogenic stroke remains a challenge.
Researchers predict that an NIHSS score ≥6 for an infratentorial stroke may require more aggressive treatment than just thrombolysis alone.
Culturally tailored, skills-based strategies may be an important alternative to knowledge-focused approaches in achieving sustained vascular risk reduction and addressing racial/ethnic stroke disparities.
A significantly higher percentage of patients in the pharyngeal electrical stimulation group of the PHAST-TRAC trial were ready for decannulation after 3 days of treatment vs the sham control group.
Investigators explored the use of serum neurofilament light chain as a biomarker for primary and secondary neuroaxonal injury after ischemic stroke.
Investigators examine the association between LAD and vascular brain injury on brain MRI.
Dextroamphetamine Plus Physical Therapy Nonsuperior to Placebo for Improving Post-Stroke Motor Recovery
No significant difference was observed between the treatment and placebo arms in change in the Fugl-Meyer motor scores from baseline to 3-month follow-up.
The designation was granted to Revive Therapeutics, a company that specializes in cannabis-based pharmaceuticals.
For patients with ischemic stroke, infection during stroke hospitalization is associated with increased odds of 30-day readmission.
A review of data recorded in the National Health Interview Survey showed that cost-related nonadherence with medication decreased in stroke survivors following the implementation of the ACA.
Exposure to carbamazepine was associated with the highest risk for stroke, particularly ischemic stroke.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder