Generic Name and Formulations:
Protein (sodium, calcium caseinate), carbohydrate (corn maltodextrin, sucrose), fat (soy oil, high oleic safflower oil), vitamins, minerals; low residue; vanilla flavor; lactose- and gluten-free.
Indications for SUPLENA:
Supplemental or sole-source feeding for patients with chronic or acute kidney failure who are not receiving dialysis.
Adults and Children:
Provides 475Cal/8oz (2000Cal/L). May give orally or via feeding-tube.
Low-protein medical nutritional supplement.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Oxidized Low-Density Lipoprotein May Predict Risk for Recurrent Stroke
- Inappropriate Prescribing Protocols in Parkinson Disease
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis