Generic Name and Formulations:
Omacetaxine mepesuccinate 3.5mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for SC inj after reconstitution; contains mannitol; preservative-free.
Indications for SYNRIBO:
Treatment of patients with chronic or accelerated phase chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI).
Induction: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily (approx. 12hrs apart) for 14 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle. Repeat cycles every 28 days until hematologic response achieved. Maintenance: 1.25mg/m2 by SC inj twice daily for 7 consecutive days every 28 days, over a 28-day cycle, as long as clinically beneficial. Dose adjustments and modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of myelosuppression (thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, anemia) or hemorrhage (cerebral, GI). Monitor CBCs with platelets weekly during induction and initial maintenance cycles, then every 2wks during later cycles. Diabetes: monitor glucose levels frequently; if poorly controlled, avoid until glycemic control is established. Elderly. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Protein synthesis inhibitor.
Avoid concomitant anticoagulants, aspirin, NSAIDs if platelets <50,000/microliters.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, asthenia, injection site reaction, pyrexia, infection, lymphopenia; bleeding, hyperglycemia.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd