SYNVISC ONE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hylan G-F 20 (hylan A and hylan B) 48mg; per 6mL; soln for intra-articular inj.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for SYNVISC ONE:
Treatment of pain in osteoarthritis of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative nonpharmacologic therapy and simple analgesics (eg, acetaminophen).
Remove synovial fluid or effusion before inj. Give as a single intra-articular inj. 6mL in one knee only.
Knee joint infections. Skin diseases or infections in area of the inj site.
Avian protein, feathers, or egg allergy. Severely inflamed knee joints. Lymphatic or venous stasis in leg. Advise patients to avoid strenuous activities for approx. 48 hrs following inj. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not established.
Avoid use of disinfectants containing quaternary ammonium salts; hyaluronan can precipitate in their presence. Concomitant other intra-articular inj: not studied.
Arthralgia, arthritis, arthropathy, inj site pain, gait disturbance; joint effusion, stiffness, swelling, warmth, pain.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA Fast-Tracks Treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics