Generic Name and Formulations:
Methimazole 5mg, 10mg; scored tabs.
Indications for TAPAZOLE:
Initially 15–60mg daily in 3 divided doses, depending on severity of disease. Maintenance: 5–15mg daily.
Initially 0.4mg/kg daily in 3 divided doses. Maintenance: ½ initial dose.
Discontinue if agranulocytosis, aplastic anemia, exfoliate dermatitis, hepatitis, or elevated liver transaminases (3xULN) occurs. Monitor prothrombin time, WBC, bone marrow function. Pregnancy (Cat.D).
Rash, GI disturbances, arthralgia, paresthesia, hair and taste loss, agranulocytosis, blood dyscrasias, aplastic anemia, hepatic dysfunction, drug fever, lupus-like syndrome, insulin autoimmune syndrome, periarteritis; nephritis (rare).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Fingolimod Compared With Glatiramer Acetate in Head-to-Head MS Study
- Lower Relapse Risk and Disability Progression With Oral DMT in Treatment-Naive RRMS
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure
- OnabotulinumtoxinA Injections Reduce Frequency of Cluster Headaches
- Aetna-CVS Merger Approved
- Trump to Sign Bills Lifting Drug Price 'Gag Orders' on Pharmacists
- Pediatric Migraine: Evidence-Based Alternative Management