For patient's with Parkinson's disease, virtual house calls from neurologists may be of interest.
Telemedicine offers a convenient alternative for nonacute headache patients, researchers say.
There are overwhelming concerns about reimbursement.
Patients in both groups were satisfied with their care.
The mobile unit allows for significantly shorter times to treatment with IV-tPA.
Providers should make sure that they hold the proper license and liability insurance to reduce risk.
A strong physician-patient relationship needs to be established in order to practice responsible telemedicine.
More than one-third of doctors recommended mobile health apps to their patients in past year.
A multidisciplinary team of providers come together to address epilepsy cases of patients with limited access to care.
The role of teleneurology can grow far beyond critical stroke care, but only if medical liabilities and insurance steps out of the way.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies