A first-of-its kind trial will explore the benefits of vagus nerve stimulation for stroke rehabilitation; plus, can a brain implant restore vision to the blind?
A hyped status epilepticus drug falls flat in phase 3; misconceptions about vaccines and autism influence health care decisions in siblings.
Fingolimod proves effective in pediatric patients with MS while radiologists face a future where technology may replace them.
The FDA denies a NDA for an up-and-coming Parkinson's drug over manufacturing issues while researchers discover significant sex-specific differences in the brains of people with depression.
Will a mini-dystrophin gene be the key to treating muscular dystrophy? Plus, a recent recall of an epilepsy drug and updated practice guidelines.
MS drug makers are coming under fire for rapidly rising drug prices while another lawsuit is filed against Purdue Pharma for deceptive marketing practices for OxyContin.
Eli Lilly reports more positive phase 3 data for its acute migraine drug lasmiditan, while yet another brain-training company comes under fire for making baseless claims.
The NIH-NFL partnership for brain research is walking away from millions of unspent money. Plus, are girls better at masking autism symptoms?
FDA recalls Penumbra revascularization device while Amgen reaches the FDA first with its CGRP migraine drug erenumab.
Senator John McCain has been handed a grim neurological diagnosis. Plus, a new headache treatment is on the market.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- The Symbiosis of Headache and Sleep
- Assessing and Treating Cognitive, Mood Impairments in Patients With Stroke
- Headache in Older Adults: Unique Causes and Treatments
- Neurosurgery in Parkinson Disease: A Brief History and Look Forward
- CSF Chitinase-3-Like Protein 1 Level Not Predictor of RIS Conversion
- MS Disease-Modifying Therapy May Safely Be Discontinued in Older Patients
- Add-On Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Drop Seizures in Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Post-Recanalization Stroke Score More Effective Than Baseline Score for Predicting 3-Month Outcome
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids