A first-of-its kind trial will explore the benefits of vagus nerve stimulation for stroke rehabilitation; plus, can a brain implant restore vision to the blind?
A hyped status epilepticus drug falls flat in phase 3; misconceptions about vaccines and autism influence health care decisions in siblings.
Fingolimod proves effective in pediatric patients with MS while radiologists face a future where technology may replace them.
The FDA denies a NDA for an up-and-coming Parkinson's drug over manufacturing issues while researchers discover significant sex-specific differences in the brains of people with depression.
Will a mini-dystrophin gene be the key to treating muscular dystrophy? Plus, a recent recall of an epilepsy drug and updated practice guidelines.
MS drug makers are coming under fire for rapidly rising drug prices while another lawsuit is filed against Purdue Pharma for deceptive marketing practices for OxyContin.
Eli Lilly reports more positive phase 3 data for its acute migraine drug lasmiditan, while yet another brain-training company comes under fire for making baseless claims.
The NIH-NFL partnership for brain research is walking away from millions of unspent money. Plus, are girls better at masking autism symptoms?
FDA recalls Penumbra revascularization device while Amgen reaches the FDA first with its CGRP migraine drug erenumab.
Senator John McCain has been handed a grim neurological diagnosis. Plus, a new headache treatment is on the market.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Surgical, Nonsurgical Treatments for Chronic Migraine: Evidence and Relevancy
- Neurofilament Light Biomarkers Identify Alzheimer Disease Risk in Down Syndrome
- Myoclonic-Atonic Seizures and Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome Present With Overlapping Features, Difficulty in Diagnosis
- Tap Water in Neti Pot Linked to Brain Infection, Death From Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Rituximab Effects in Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorders
- Study Identifies Early-Onset Motor Behaviors in DES-Triggered Seizures
- Autoimmune Diseases Increase Hippocampal Sclerosis Risk in Nonagenarians
- Smaller Heads Related to Opioid-Related Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Hearing Loss in Older Adults Linked to Depression, Dementia Among Other Comorbidities
- Bumetanide May Benefit Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder