A first-of-its kind trial will explore the benefits of vagus nerve stimulation for stroke rehabilitation; plus, can a brain implant restore vision to the blind?
A hyped status epilepticus drug falls flat in phase 3; misconceptions about vaccines and autism influence health care decisions in siblings.
Fingolimod proves effective in pediatric patients with MS while radiologists face a future where technology may replace them.
The FDA denies a NDA for an up-and-coming Parkinson's drug over manufacturing issues while researchers discover significant sex-specific differences in the brains of people with depression.
Will a mini-dystrophin gene be the key to treating muscular dystrophy? Plus, a recent recall of an epilepsy drug and updated practice guidelines.
MS drug makers are coming under fire for rapidly rising drug prices while another lawsuit is filed against Purdue Pharma for deceptive marketing practices for OxyContin.
Eli Lilly reports more positive phase 3 data for its acute migraine drug lasmiditan, while yet another brain-training company comes under fire for making baseless claims.
The NIH-NFL partnership for brain research is walking away from millions of unspent money. Plus, are girls better at masking autism symptoms?
FDA recalls Penumbra revascularization device while Amgen reaches the FDA first with its CGRP migraine drug erenumab.
Senator John McCain has been handed a grim neurological diagnosis. Plus, a new headache treatment is on the market.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- High Treatment Adherence and Quality of Life Observed With Fingolimod
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Insurance Status Tied to Higher Self-Perceived Poor/Fair Health
- Early Treatment Failure More Likely With Carbamazepine vs Lamotrigine in Epilepsy
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Concurrent Non-Motor Functions Strongly Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Feeling Young May Be Reflected in Brain Structure