THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH:
Nasal and sinus congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
2 caplets every 4 hours; max 12 capslets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Higher Levels of Cholesterol May Protect Men From Parkinson Disease
- Ajovy Injection Approved for Migraine Prevention in Adults
- Chronic Pain May Be Contributor to Suicide
- FDA Approves Tiglutik for the Treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Natalizumab Improves Cognitive Function in Multiple Sclerosis
- 5 Key Findings Presented at 2018 Parkinson Disease Conference
- Parkinson Disease and the Gut: Treatment Potential Abounds
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Stroke-Code Patients With Low NIHSS Score, No Acute Imaging Findings Often Misdiagnosed
- Ethical Challenges of Nusinersen: Considerations When Counseling on Treatment
- New 15-Item Dyspnea-ALS-Score Assesses Dyspnea in ALS
- CDC: About One in Five U.S. Adults Have Chronic Pain
- Fingolimod Cuts Multiple Sclerosis Relapses in Pediatric Patients
- Gains in Insurance Coverage Seen for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Adults
- Brivaracetam Effective for Reducing Seizures in Patients with Epileptic Encephalopathies