THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 325mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10mg, phenylephrine HCl 5mg; caplets.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU DAYTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH:
Nasal and sinus congestion, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
2 caplets every 4 hours; max 12 capslets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized.
Analgesic + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- The Consequences of Compensation in Autism
- Fingolimod May Help Prevent Brain Volume Loss in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Novel Therapy May Improve Symptoms in Early Huntington Disease
- Interaction of Alcohol, Smoking on Multiple Sclerosis Severity
- Demoralization Common in Patients With Parkinson Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: AAN's Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying Therapy
- Migraine a Common Comorbidity in Individuals With Sarcoidosis
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Development of Brain Atrophy in Multiple Sclerosis
- Association Between Multiple Sclerosis Relapses and Vaccinations
- Understanding Impulse Control Disorders in Parkinson Disease: Developments and Treatments