THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, pheniramine maleate 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; apple cinnamon flavor; contains sodium 51mg, potassium 10mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Headache. Fever. Sneezing. Rhinorrhea. Nasal and sinus congestion. Itchy eyes, nose, throat. Sore throat.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstuction. Sodium-restricted diet. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Prediction Algorithm Stratifies ICH Patients at Risk for Hematoma Expansion
- Sports-Related Concussion Outcomes Predicted With Serum Neurofilament Light
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Psychological Therapies May Help Older Adults With Chronic Pain
- Amyloid Positivity Increases Risk for Cognitive Impairment in Dementia-Free Patients
- Valproic Acid-Related Adverse Fetal Outcomes May Be Linked to Placental Effects
- Risk of Dementia Up for Older Adults With Lowest Wealth
- Language Used in Medical Record Can Affect Patient Care
- Mortality in Alzheimer Disease Not Strongly Associated With Antipsychotics