THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, pheniramine maleate 20mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; apple cinnamon flavor; contains sodium 51mg, potassium 10mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU FLU & SORE THROAT HOT LIQUID:
Minor aches and pains. Headache. Fever. Sneezing. Rhinorrhea. Nasal and sinus congestion. Itchy eyes, nose, throat. Sore throat.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet in 8oz of hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15 minutes. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. COPD. Asthma. GI or GU obstuction. Sodium-restricted diet. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers increase pressor effect of sympathomimetics. Antagonizes antihypertensives. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure