THERAFLU NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 650mg, diphenhydramine HCl 25mg, phenylephrine HCl 10mg; pwd packets; honey lemon infused with chamomile and white tea flavors; contains potassium 10mg, sodium 23mg, phenylalanine 13mg per packet.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for THERAFLU NIGHTTIME SEVERE COLD & COUGH HOT LIQUID:
Nasal and sinus congestion, rhinorrhea, cough, sore throat, fever, headache, minor aches and pains.
Dissolve contents of 1 packet into 8oz hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10–15mins. Take every 4 hours; max 6 packets/24hrs.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen or diphenhydramine products.
Hepatic dysfunction. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. GI or GU obstruction. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist after 2–7 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Analgesic + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of hepatotoxicity with ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day; avoid. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children, hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL