TODAY SPONGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 1000mg; vaginal sponge.
Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TODAY SPONGE:
Use as directed. Protection lasts up to 24hrs. Leave in place for at least 6hrs after intercourse; do not leave in longer than 30hrs.
Within first 6 weeks postpartum. History of toxic shock syndrome. During menstruation.
Recent miscarriage or abortion. Vaginal or uterine conditions (eg, vaginal septum, uterine prolapse).
Barrier contraceptive + spermicide.
Irritation, difficult or painful urination, abdominal pain, pain, fever, chills, discharge (discontinue); rare: toxic shock syndrome.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Clarifying Cardiovascular Risk in Migraine
- Parkinson Disease Symptom Fluctuations Well-Managed With Adaptive Deep Brain Stimulation
- More Evidence Supports Benefits of Cannabidiol for Treatment-Resistant Epilepsy
- Monthly Erenumab Reduces Frequency of Episodic Migraine
- Reduced Risk for Multiple Sclerosis Linked to Greater Sun Exposure
- Tamsulosin Associated With Dementia Risk in Older Patients With BPH
- FDA Approves Blood Test to Assess Concussion
- Gait Difficulty in Parkinson Disease May Be Associated With More Progressive Disease Course
- Tau PET a Useful Biomarker for Alzheimer Disease Risk and Progression
- Multiple Sclerosis Drug Zinbryta Withdrawn From the Market
- Incidence of Delayed Traumatic Intracranial Hemorrhage Low in Older Adults With Blunt Head Trauma
- Older Epilepsy Patients More Likely to Experience AED, Non-AED Drug Interaction
- Female Gender, Natalizumab Exposure Associated With Increased Lymphopenia Risk in FNG-Treated MS
- Accelerated Cognitive Decline Associated With Retinopathy
- Treatment Effects Often Exaggerated in Early Clinical Studies