TODAY SPONGE OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nonoxynol-9 1000mg; vaginal sponge.
Mayer Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TODAY SPONGE:
Use as directed. Protection lasts up to 24hrs. Leave in place for at least 6hrs after intercourse; do not leave in longer than 30hrs.
Within first 6 weeks postpartum. History of toxic shock syndrome. During menstruation.
Recent miscarriage or abortion. Vaginal or uterine conditions (eg, vaginal septum, uterine prolapse).
Barrier contraceptive + spermicide.
Irritation, difficult or painful urination, abdominal pain, pain, fever, chills, discharge (discontinue); rare: toxic shock syndrome.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- A Model for Predicting Quality of Life Improvements After Deep Brain Stimulation
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Population-Based Incidence of Acute Idiopathic Optic Neuritis Estimated
- First-in-Class Therapy Approved for Polyneuropathy Caused by hATTR
- High Anxiety Symptoms Prevalent in Epilepsy, Mesial Temporal Sclerosis
- Advance Care Planning Doesn't Aid Quality of Life
- Variation in Specialty Drug Coverage Across Health Plans