TOPICORT GEL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indications for TOPICORT GEL:
Apply thin film twice daily.
Oint: <10yrs: not recommended; ≥10yrs: as adult. Cream or gel: as adult.
Do not use superpotent forms on face, groin, or axillae. Exclude viral disease (eg, chickenpox, measles).
Treat infection if present; discontinue if infection persists or worsens. Do not use near eyes, or on diaper dermatitis or pre-existing skin atrophy. Do not use fluorinated steroids longer than 1 week on the face. Avoid abrupt cessation in chronic use. Systemic absorption increased by broken or inflamed skin, prolonged use, application to large surface area, or use of occlusive dressings. Occlude only if necessary; do not occlude higher potency products. Monitor adrenal function in children if a high potency product or occlusion is used, and in adults if more than 50g weekly of a high potency product is used. Discontinue or reduce dose or potency if HPA axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome, hyperglycemia, glucosuria, or irritation occurs. Use lowest effective dose and potency (esp. in children). Use caution if applying to face or body folds. Do not use continuously or for prophylaxis. Foams are flammable. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Burning, stinging, pruritus, erythema, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria, secondary infections, hypopigmentation, folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, dermal cracking and fissuring, telangiectasia, contact dermatitis, other local effects, immunosuppression, masks infections, HPA axis suppression (esp. in children).
Crm, gel—15g, 60g; Oint—60g; 0.05% Crm—contact supplier.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: AAN's Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying Therapy
- Solriamfetol Associated With Improvement in Narcolepsy Types 1 and 2
- Novel Therapy May Improve Symptoms in Early Huntington Disease
- Interaction of Alcohol, Smoking on Multiple Sclerosis Severity
- Are Vaccines Associated With Multiple Sclerosis Relapse?
- The Symbiosis of Headache and Sleep
- Neurosurgery in Parkinson Disease: A Brief History and Look Forward
- Blood Pressure-Dementia Link May Be Affected by Population Characteristics
- The Consequences of Compensation in Autism
- Predictors of Conversion to Neurodegenerative Disease in REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Primary Periodic Paralysis: Advice for Clinicians & Future Directions
- FDA: Lamotrigine Linked to Potentially Life-Threatening Adverse Reaction
- Efficacy of Disease-Modifying Drugs for Multiple Sclerosis May Decrease With Age
- Wearable Sensors May Help Predict On, Off States in Parkinson Disease