Most Recent Articles by Tori Rodriguez, MA, LPC
Direct-to-consumer genetic testing would enable consumers to bypass the safeguards set forth by professional guidelines, which could potentially increase the risk for harm associated with testing.
Cognitive and linguistic deficits have been cited as risk factors for psychiatric comorbidity in pediatric epilepsy, along with family factors such as parenting style and quality of the parent-child relationship.
Cannabis has been shown to reduce the use of prescription drugs that have more numerous and serious side effects, including opioids, benzodiazepines, and antidepressants.
Current oral contraceptive products contain lower doses of estrogen than those used in the past, prompting reconsideration of risks and benefits.
In April 2018, the American Academy of Neurology released updated guidelines for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS). The new recommendations are based on a panel review of 20 Cochrane reviews and 73 full-text articles pertaining to starting, switching, and stopping disease-modifying treatment in patients with clinically isolated syndrome, relapsing-remitting MS, and progressive forms of MS.
More Articles by Tori Rodriguez, MA, LPC
Neurology Advisor Articles
- OCD in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Features Distinct Phenotype, Associated Symptoms
- History of Migraine Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Asthma and Allergic Rhinitis May Be Risk Factors for Migraine in Adolescents
- Patent Foramen Ovale Closure for Stroke Prevention: Key Principles for Clinical Practice
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- FDA Grants Orphan Drug Status to Angelman Syndrome Treatment
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Clinical, Radiologic Markers Predictive of Cortical Superficial Siderosis in ICH Identified
- Migraine Pain Location May Not Have Clinical Implications