Chronic pain is common after traumatic brain injury.
Percentile-Based Systolic Blood Pressure Targets Better Identify Hypotension in Severe Pediatric TBI
The investigators observed an increased risk for in-hospital mortality among patients with systolic blood pressure in the <75th percentile across all ages.
The prevalence of traumatic brain injury is 2.5% among US children, and TBI is associated with several health conditions.
Female soccer players exhibit more widespread evidence of microstructural white matter alteration than males, despite having similar exposure to heading.
Use of a decision aid can improve parent knowledge for children with minor head injury at intermediate risk of clinically important traumatic brain injury.
For children with traumatic epidural hematomas (EDHs), repeated computed tomography imaging is common, but rarely impacts management.
Intracranial injuries were detected on head CT in 6% of patients, whereas neurosurgically manageable injuries were found in <1% of patients.
Routine X-rays and blood tests should not be used to diagnose children's concussions, new US government guidelines say.
Gradually increasing academic pursuits requires careful planning among the medical, school, and family units to enable prompt return and avoidance of prolonging school absence.
The use of helmets may not protect alpine sports participants from traumatic brain injury.
Individuals with medical contact for traumatic brain injury have increased risk of suicide.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure