TRAVATAN Z Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Travoprost 0.004%; oph soln; contains sofZia (boric acid, propylene glycol, sorbitol, zinc chloride).
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for TRAVATAN Z:
Reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
≥16yrs: 1 drop once daily in the PM.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Active intraocular inflammation. Aphakia. Pseudophakia with torn posterior lens capsule. Risk factors for macular edema. Benzalkonium chloride may be absorbed by contact lenses (remove; may reinsert lenses 15mins after administration). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Allow at least 5mins between application of other topical ophthalmic agents.
Ocular hyperemia, decreased visual acuity, eye discomfort, pain or itching, foreign body sensation, other local reactions; increased ocular pigmentation (iris, eyelid, eyelashes; may be permanent), other eyelash changes, abnormal vision, blepharitis, cataract, conjunctivitis, keratitis, photophobia, allergy, angina, bradycardia, headache.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure