Generic Name and Formulations:
Guselkumab 100mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Indications for TREMFYA:
Moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis in adults who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
≥18yrs: 100mg by SC inj at Weeks 0 and 4, then every 8 weeks thereafter.
<18yrs: not established.
Use under physician supervision. May increase risk of infections. Chronic or history of recurrent infection: consider the risks and benefits. If a serious infection develops or is not responding to standard therapy, monitor closely and discontinue until resolves. Evaluate for tuberculosis (TB) infection and treat latent TB prior to initiating. Monitor for signs/symptoms of active TB during and after therapy. Patients with active TB infection: do not initiate. History of latent or active TB (without confirmed adequate treatment); consider anti-TB therapy prior to initiation. Consider completion of all age appropriate immunizations according to current guidelines before starting therapy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant live vaccines: not recommended. Concomitant CYP450 substrates with narrow therapeutic index: monitor and adjust dose as needed.
Upper respiratory infections, headache, inj site reactions, arthralgia, diarrhea, gastroenteritis, tinea infections, herpes simplex infections.
Single-dose prefilled syringe—1
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd