Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Vit. A 1500Units, Vit. D 400Units, Vit. C 35mg, iron (as sulfate heptahydrate) 10mg, fluoride (as sodium) 0.25mg; per mL; fruit flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Tri-Vitamin Drops w/Iron & Fluoride:
Nutritional supplement, prevention of dental caries where water fluoridation <0.6ppm.
Base dose on fluoride content of water. <6mos: not recommended. If fluoride content <0.3ppm: 6mos–3yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day; 3–6yrs: 0.5mg fluoride/day. If fluoride content 0.3–0.6ppm: 6mos–3yrs: not recommended; 3–6yrs: 0.25mg fluoride/day.
Water fluoridation >0.6ppm.
Dental fluorosis in chronic overdosage. Account for other sources of fluoride.
Insoluble calcium fluoride with dairy products.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Excess Abdominal Obesity Linked to Severe Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Change in Dietary Patterns Over 5 Years in Early Multiple Sclerosis
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Poor Functional Outcomes Tied to Depressive Symptoms in Multiple Sclerosis
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Oxygen Desaturation Index Predicts AFib Risk in Ischemic Stroke
- Opioid Use Down With 'Enhanced Recovery After Surgery' Program
- Popular Heroin Inhalation Method Tied to Leukoencephalopathy
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL