Triamcinolone Acetonide Nasal Spray Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Triamcinolone acetonide 55mcg/spray; aqueous nasal spray.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Triamcinolone Acetonide Nasal Spray:
Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as condition improves.
<2yrs: not established. 2–5yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily. 6–12yrs: 1 spray in each nostril once daily; max 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. Reduce dose as condition improves.
Maintain regular regimen. Respiratory tract tuberculosis. Infections (eg, ocular herpes simplex). If exposed to measles or chickenpox, consider anti-infective prophylactic therapy. Avoid use in patients with recent nasal ulcers, surgery, or trauma. Reevaluate if no improvement in 3 weeks. If adrenal insufficiency exists following systemic corticosteroid therapy, replacement with topical corticosteroids may exacerbate symptoms of adrenal insufficiency (eg, depression). Monitor for growth suppression in children. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occur discontinue gradually), changes in vision or increased intraocular pressure, and candida infection or other nasal mucosal changes. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Pharyngitis, epistaxis, flu syndrome, cough increased, bronchitis, headache, pharyngolaryngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, abdominal upper pain, GI upset; glaucoma/cataracts, impaired wound healing, reduced growth velocity in children.
Nasal spray—16.5g (120 sprays)
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Rasagiline Plus Riluzole is Safe, May Improve Survival in ALS
- Treatment of New-Onset Epilepsy: AAN, AES Update Practice Guidelines
- Gender Differences in the Epidemiology of Migraine
- Changes in Glucose Regulation in Parkinson Disease
- Apomorphine Infusions Improves Off Time Associated With Parkinson Disease
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis: Prescriber's Perspective
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Locally Asymptomatic Ischemic Stroke May Present as Migraine Aura
- Associations Identified Between Stroke Severity, Recovery of Visuospatial Neglect
- Action Tremor May Have Central Origin in Motor Neuron Disease
- Characteristics Affecting Health-Related Quality of Life in RRMS, Progressive MS
- Neurodevelopmental Anomalies, Birth Defects Linked to Zika ID'd