TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, phenylephrine HCl 2.5mg; per 5mL; liq; alcohol-free; orange-flavored; contains sodium 3mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COLD & ALLERGY:
Rhinorrhea, congestion, allergy symptoms.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 6 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. For use as a sedative hypnotic.
Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders.
Antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, dizziness, nervousness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Erenumab Superior to Placebo for Reducing Migraine Disability, Improving HRQoL
- Managing Status Epilepticus in Palliative Care: Accounting for Patient and Family Experience
- Congress Passes Bill to Fight Opioid Crisis
- Physical Activity Decreases Vascular Comorbidities in Multiple Sclerosis
- Review of Factors Impacting Sport-Related Concussion Headaches
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure