TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetaminophen 160mg, dextromethorphan HBr 5mg; per 5mL; liq; grape flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 5mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC COUGH & SORE THROAT:
Cough, fever, sore throat, headache, minor aches and pains.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: 5mL. 6–12yrs: 10mL. Repeat every 4 hours as needed; max 5 doses/24 hours.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Concomitant other acetaminophen products.
Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Liver disease. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥3 days.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs.
Antitussive + analgesic/antipyretic.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- The Consequences of Compensation in Autism
- Fingolimod May Help Prevent Brain Volume Loss in Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis
- Novel Therapy May Improve Symptoms in Early Huntington Disease
- Interaction of Alcohol, Smoking on Multiple Sclerosis Severity
- Demoralization Common in Patients With Parkinson Disease
- Palliative Care in Movement Disorders: Recommendations for Improvement
- The Symbiosis of Headache and Sleep
- Headache in Older Adults: Unique Causes and Treatments
- Neurosurgery in Parkinson Disease: A Brief History and Look Forward
- Assessing and Treating Cognitive, Mood Impairments in Patients With Stroke
- Multiple Sclerosis Guidelines: Recommendations for Initiating, Switching, Stopping Disease-Modifying Therapy
- Migraine a Common Comorbidity in Individuals With Sarcoidosis
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Development of Brain Atrophy in Multiple Sclerosis
- Association Between Multiple Sclerosis Relapses and Vaccinations
- Understanding Impulse Control Disorders in Parkinson Disease: Developments and Treatments