TRIAMINIC-D MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1mg, dextromethorphan HBr 7.5mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 15mg; per 5mL; liq; grape flavor; contains sodium 6mg/5mL.
Novartis Consumer Health
Indications for TRIAMINIC-D MULTI-SYMPTOM COLD:
Nasal and sinus congestion. Cough. Rhinorrhea. Itchy nose or throat.
<4yrs: do not use. 4–6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 10mL every 6 hours as needed. Max 4 doses/24hrs.
Children <4yrs old. During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Use as a sedative hypnotic.
Heart disease. Hypertension. Thyroid disease. Diabetes. Glaucoma. Asthma. Lower respiratory disorders. Discontinue if symptoms worsen or persist for ≥7 days.
Antihistamine + antitussive + sympathomimetic.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. β-blockers may increase the pressor effects of sympathomimetics. Antihypertensives antagonized. Increased CNS effects with other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, dizziness, insomnia, excitability in children.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- Some Statins May Be Associated With Cognition, Memory Deficits
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments
- New Monoclonal Antibody BAN2401 Reduces Amyloid Plaques, Improves Cognition in Alzheimer's
- Nonpharmacologic Interventions for Alzheimer's Have Greater Impact on Outcomes Than Currently Available Medications
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation in Pediatric Epilepsy: Weighing the Risks and Benefits
- OnabotulinumtoxinA for Post-Stroke Spasticity: Treatment Strategies and Limitations
- Tau Associated With Loss of Anterior Temporal White Matter Integrity
- Location Probability Learning Unimpaired in Parkinson Disease
- Prenatal Tdap Vaccination Not Linked to Autism Risk
- AMA Adopts Policy to Advance Gender Equity in Medicine