Trospium Chloride Tabs Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Trospium chloride 20mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Trospium Chloride Tabs:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Take on empty stomach. 20mg twice daily. ≥75yrs: 20mg once daily if twice daily dose not tolerated. Severe renal impairment (CrCl<30mL/min): 20mg once daily at bedtime.
Gastric or urinary retention; uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; and patients at risk for these conditions.
Bladder outflow obstruction. GI obstructive disorders. Ulcerative colitis. Narrow-angle glaucoma (monitor). Intestinal atony. Myasthenia gravis. Exposure to high environmental temperature. Renal insufficiency (CrCl 30–80mL/min). Moderate to severe hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. Increased drowsiness with alcohol; avoid consumption within 2hrs of administration. May alter absorption of other drugs (decreased GI motility). May potentiate or be potentiated by drugs eliminated by active tubular secretion. May be antagonized by metformin.
Anticholinergic effects (dry mouth, constipation, dry eyes, urinary retention, blurred vision), CNS effects (monitor), dyspepsia, headache.
Formerly known under the brand name Sanctura, Sanctura XR.
Fecal (primarily), renal.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Fingolimod Compared With Glatiramer Acetate in Head-to-Head MS Study
- Lower Relapse Risk and Disability Progression With Oral DMT in Treatment-Naive RRMS
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure