TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 10mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 8mg; per 5mL; as polistirex; ext-rel susp.
Indications for TUSSIONEX PENNKINETIC:
Cough and upper respiratory symptoms associated with allergy or cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥12yrs: 5mL every 12hrs; max 10mL/24hrs.
Use accurate measuring device. <6yrs: see Contraindications. 6–11yrs: 2.5mL every 12hrs; max 5mL/24hrs.
Children <6yrs of age.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Respiratory depression esp. in children; discontinue if occurs. Post-op. Compromised respiratory function (eg, pulmonary disease). Abuse potential (monitor). Head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Underlying intestinal motility disorders. Narrow-angle glaucoma. Asthma. Hypothyroidism. Addison’s disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + antihistamine.
Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. May affect or be affected by MAOIs, TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Nausea, vomiting, sedation, drowsiness, impairment of mental and physical performance, dysphoria, rash, pruritus; respiratory depression.
Neurology Advisor Articles
- High-Dose Biotin May Be an Effective Treatment for Progressive MS
- Biobank Data Suggest Vitamin D Reduces Risk for Multiple Sclerosis
- Patients With Multiple Sclerosis Face Greater Infection Risk
- Fingolimod Compared With Glatiramer Acetate in Head-to-Head MS Study
- Lower Relapse Risk and Disability Progression With Oral DMT in Treatment-Naive RRMS
- Anodal tDCS Offers Possible Benefit for Improving Item Recall in Post-Stroke Aphasia
- Hospitalization Tied to Brain Abnormalities in Older Adults
- Spending Often Persists in High-Cost Medicare-Medicaid Eligible
- Skills-Based Intervention Did Not Cut Systolic BP After Stroke, TIA
- High Frequency of Headaches Following Dialysis Associated With BUN and Blood Pressure